SANTA BARBARA, CA, August 12, 2010 (Press-News.org) Secondary Market Leader Reduces Equipment Costs and Eases OEM Delivery Delays with Inventory of Long-Lead-Time Products and Comparable Gear
• Delays in OEM equipment deliveries of more than three months are more commonplace due to persistent component shortages. In contrast, a large variety of the most in-demand current- and previous-generation Cisco equipment is readily available on the secondary market for immediate delivery.
• Network Hardware Resale (NHR), the leading provider of pre-owned and new networking equipment, has assembled a list of the most popular Cisco products that are experiencing long supply chain delays while offering alternate sourcing (e.g., buying pre-owned or surplus-new supply) or leveraging replacements for current generation Cisco networking equipment. As a result, NHR continues to meet critical demand for hard-to-source products, all of which can be shipped overnight.
• A variety of previous-generation Cisco routers and switches offer comparable performance to the latest-generation gear, which gives budget-constrained organizations highly economical, viable options for meeting a wide range of networking requirements.
Top Five Replacements: Maximum Value with No Performance Trade-Offs
1. Replace Cisco's Catalyst 2960G-48TC-L Fast Ethernet Switch with Cisco's Catalyst 2950G-48-EI
• Cisco's 2950G is the predecessor to the 2960G with some of the same features and capabilities, yet it can be purchased on the secondary market for up to 90 percent off the price of the newer 2960G models.
• Cisco currently is experienced lengthy delivery delays for the new 2960G. However, pre-owned 2960G models are readily available on the secondary market.
2. Replace Cisco's 3845 Integrated Services Router + NM-1T3/E3 with the Previous Generation Cisco 7204VXR Router
• Introduced about seven years ago but still listed as a current-generation product, the Cisco 7204VXR delivers comparable performance to Cisco's 3845 router but can be purchased on the secondary market for up to 90 percent less than the cost of the new gear.
• Both routers boast a broad range of usefulness for enterprises and service provider applications. Over the years, the 7204VXR has retained strong popularity, partly due to the fact that it has greater modularity and configuration flexibility than the 3845.
3. Replace Cisco's 3825 Integrated Services Router with the Previous-Gen Cisco 3745
• Ideally suited for branch offices and SMEs with high connectivity needs, Cisco's 3745 is a previous-generation product that performs similarly to the upgraded 3825 for most applications.
While the 3745 has reached end-of-sale status, it should be covered under Cisco support for at least another five years.
• Additionally, the secondary market now offers alternative maintenance options that are much more economical than Cisco's SMARTnet and provide an extra layer of protection for end-of-life equipment.
• Cisco's 3745 accepts cards from the 3825, providing smaller companies with a much more affordable growth path as networking needs dictate.
• There are large quantities of Cisco 3745s available on the secondary market following a concerted effort by Cisco to upgrade customers to the newer platform. As a result, Cisco 3745s can be purchased for more than half the cost of the latest-generation gear.
4. Replace Cisco's Catalyst 2960G-24TC-L Gigabit Ethernet Switch with Cisco's Catalyst 2970G-24T-E or 2970G-24TS-E
• The Catalyst 2970 is a highly viable substitution for the newer Catalyst 2960 Series, which has been plagued by delivery lead times of 11 weeks or more. For organizations seeking immediate availability, the 2970 can be found in large quantities on the secondary market.
• While performance is comparable, the biggest difference between the two Catalyst switches is how the ports are configured. With the latest generation equipment, the 24-port configuration includes 20 gigabit ports plus four shared ports for fiber optic or 10/100 configurations. The previous-generation 2970, however, provides 24 gigabit ports plus an additional four fiber optic slots for a total of 28 ports, which provides increased connectivity options for up to 84 percent less than its successor.
5. Replace Cisco's 7962G IP Phones with 7960G IP Phones; Replace Cisco's 7942G IP Phones with 7940G IP Phones
• Both the 7960 and 7940 phones are mid-range IP phones that are still considered current production yet have been replaced in the market with the newer 7962 and 7942 models. Essentially, the only difference between the older and newer models is the screen resolution, which is improved on the latest-generation equipment.
• Priced at half their newer counterparts, the older models offer significant savings to organizations deploying hundreds of Cisco IP phones. Even the newer models can be readily found on the secondary market, with pre-owned 7942G and 7962G phones available at discounted prices.
Mike Sheldon, CEO for Network Hardware:
• "Today's IT organizations are operating on smaller budgets while network demands continue to increase. The secondary market provides substantial savings on the latest Cisco equipment as well as unprecedented discounts on older models without any trade-offs on performance or reliability."
• "Increasingly, companies are finding prolonged OEM delivery lead times unacceptable, especially when they find that vast quantities of popular products and comparable equipment are available on the secondary market for overnight delivery."
• "In replacing Cisco's 3845 with the 7204, customers can purchase a current-generation product at one-third the price of the latest model and receive a router that really is a step above in terms of modularity and flexibility."
• Cisco Models Impacted by Delays and Available at NHR
• NetSure Alternative Maintenance
• Procurement and Refurbishment Quality
About Network Hardware Resale
Network Hardware Resale (NHR) is a leading provider of networking solutions that specialize in reducing IT costs. Based in Santa Barbara, Calif., the company is an independent reseller of pre-owned Cisco, Juniper and Foundry networking equipment as well as an authorized reseller and distributor of resilient, scalable equipment from Force10 Networks. NHR also offers cost-effective network management, asset management, alternative maintenance and technical support services. Founded in 1986, NHR provides global sales and technical support from its California, Dallas metro, New York City metro, Amsterdam, London and Singapore locations. Organizations worldwide purchase quality networking equipment from NHR, including Global 1000 companies, small and mid-sized enterprises, government entities, educational institutions, healthcare organizations and telecommunications service providers. For more information, visit http://www.networkhardware.com.
Network Hardware Resale Offers Relief for Cisco Product Delays Using Alternative Sourcing and Equipment Substitutions
Secondary Market Leader Reduces Equipment Costs and Eases OEM Delivery Delays with Inventory of Long-Lead-Time Products and Comparable Gear
ELSE PRESS RELEASES FROM THIS DATE:
Mr Test Equipment to offer used and refurbished spectrum analyzer models
Spectrum analyzers are typically used by RF engineers and technicians working in communication electronics, aerospace, military or defence electronics, electronics manufacturing, industrial or automotive electronics. New high quality spectrum analyzers, particularly in the higher bandwidth ranges, are not low cost. Brand-name instruments, used, as compared to new, are typically much lower cost. Optional traceable calibration, warranty and no-charge shipping within the USA and Canada make purchasing used equipment even more appealing. The company sells previously ...
Castle Windows Connects with Seniors and Help Homeless in Point Pleasant NJ
Castle Windows, a leader in providing top quality, custom-made windows, has also made it their mission to help those in need in the many areas they serve. During the holiday season, Castle Windows donated truckloads of toys to "Toys for Tots" in Mount Laurel and Easter baskets to less fortunate children in Trenton. The well-known home improvement company also donated windows, doors and talent to "Habitat for Humanity" in Gloucester County. Now, they have done it again. Castle Windows has donated over 700 plastic grocery bags to Connecting With Seniors who will ...
Typical Cost of Home Remodeling Projects
There are hundreds of sites and tips for saving money on home renovation repairs. Every week on 10 Grand in Your Hand, DIY Network saves homeowners up to $10,000 on their renovation and remodeling projects. As one of the top ten money-saving tips, their experts claim you can do some demolition yourself. According to CNNMoney.com and TrustyGuides.com, the average cost for home renovation repairs can range from $11,000 (minor kitchen remodel) to $54,000 (major kitchen remodel) to $108,000 (upscale kitchen remodel). A minor bathroom remodel starts at $13,000 and major bathroom ...
Blackburn Group Inc. & MSA RiskPro.com Announces Lien Negotiations Solutions Practice
USA, Blackburn Group Inc.'s MSA RiskPro.com Enterprise Risk and Claim Management partners are pleased to announce they have established a Lien Negotiations Solutions Practice for integration into their Risk and Claim Management Services. The Lien Negotiations Practice includes teams of licensed attorneys that are independent, objective, and dedicated to clients specific needs. Blackburn Group Inc.'s MSA RiskPro.com minimize and in some cases eliminate lien reimbursements. Clients can strengthen their practices and gain valuable time and money savings by adding Blackburn ...
Philly Steak Sandwich Chain Brings Back Spicy Asian BBQ Sandwich
After a long-awaited year, Charley's Grilled Subs will reintroduce the Spicy Asian BBQ sandwich nationwide on August 16, 2010, adding an ethnic flavor to the restaurant's traditionally all-American lineup. Like all sandwiches at Charley's Grilled Subs, the Spicy Asian BBQ is made-to-order with 100 percent USDA Choice Steak, all natural cheeses and fresh vegetables. As a Korean-inspired menu item, the sandwich features steak cooked in a rich marinade complete with pears, green onions and Eastern spices—filling it with flavor as it hits the grill. Charley's Spicy Asian ...
Successful dog grooming business in North Ayrshire for sale
A well-known, popular and successful independent dog grooming business with a substantial and long established clientele in North Ayrshire has been put up for sale. Conveniently situated within the premises of a busy town centre veterinary practice with a vet and/or veterinary nurse available if required during office hours, this opportunity would ideally suit a trained groomer ready to start their own business. The fully equipped salon, which has been operating for 20 years, has its own entrance and comes with convenient off-street parking. For further information ...
Arizona River Runners and Bar 10 Ranch Celebrate 25 Years of Adventure
This summer, Arizona River Runners is celebrating 25 years of flying river-rafting guests to the Bar 10 Ranch, a working cattle ranch on the Arizona Strip. Sharing the ranch experience with rafting guests provides visitors the opportunity to see a different part of the Canyon during their journey. Five generations of the Heaton family have been ranching on their property, located on a distinctive, narrow piece of land on the north side of the Grand Canyon, since the early 1970's. Arizona River Runners guests see ranch hands in action during their visit - doing everything ...
Public Relations and Social Media Expert Marie Rotter Joins Metzger Associates
Marie Rotter, one of Colorado's top communications professionals and a sought-after social media expert, has joined Metzger Associates, a communications firm with a national reputation for the strategic integration of traditional and social communications programs. "I've been impressed with the robust work that John Metzger, Doyle Albee and the team at Metzger have been doing. They have been able to stay on top of where conversations are moving and engaging people in some really creative ways. When the opportunity came up to work for them, it was an easy decision," ...
MEGAJOULE installs met mast MJ 200
Since installing its first met mast in December 2004 in Portugal MEGAJOULE has now announced its 200. met mast. Abílio Carvalho, director of the measurements lab at MEGAJOULE, proudly says that "Getting to this number of met masts in 7 different countries and operating them achieving an average recovery rate of more than 90% of valid wind data, in all our measurements campaigns, is a clear sign of our commitment to supply our clients with a good, flexible and reliable work." Since its six years of acting as a renewable energy consultant MEGAJOULE has performed wind studies ...
Cerrao Systems Acquires Ecocyn Energy
Cerrao today announced it has completed its acquisition of Ecocyn Energy Inc., a leader in energy saving information technology products. The close of this transaction, and the consequent creation of an extensive combined product portfolio, accelerates Cerrao's vision of changing the way people communicate and collaborate by delivering simple, unique and interoperable collaboration experiences. "Today we are celebrating a very important step for our customers in the journey to put people at the center of new ways to utilize energy and reinvent the way we work," said ...
LAST 30 PRESS RELEASES:
Heart patients advised to move more to avoid heart attacks and strokes
New amphibious centipede species discovered in Okinawa and Taiwan
Scientists may detect signs of extraterrestrial life in the next 5 to 10 years
The fate of the planet
Tarantula's ubiquity traced back to the cretaceous
On the pulse of pulsars and polar light
Neural plasticity depends on this long noncoding RNA's journey from nucleus to synapse
A new guide for communicating plant science
The future of particle accelerators is here
Simulations reveal how dominant SARS-CoV-2 strain binds to host, succumbs to antibodies
New understanding of the deleterious immune response in rheumatoid arthritis
The Trojan-Horse mechanism: How networks reduce gender segregation
Science Advances publishes proteomics technology from Oblique Therapeutics AB
Female protective effect: Yale researchers find clues to sex differences in autism
Researchers revise indicator of mobility limitation in older adults
Study shows past COVID-19 infection doesn't fully protect young people against reinfection
A new super-Earth detected orbiting a red dwarf star
Differences in national food security best explained by household income, not agriculture
Hidden magma pools pose eruption risks that we can't yet detect
COVID-19: Scientists identify human genes that fight infection
New CRISPR technology offers unrivaled control of epigenetic inheritance
How tangled proteins kill brain cells, promote Alzheimer's, CTE
Fitted filtration efficiency of double masking during COVID-19 pandemic
Fit matters most when double masking to protect yourself from COVID-19
Thermoelectric material discovery sets stage for new forms of electric power in the future
Researchers develop microscopic theory of polymer gel
Studies suggest people with blood cancers may not be optimally protected after COVID-19 vaccination
Are our oil and gas pipelines safe during an earthquake?
Virtual humans are equal to real ones in helping people practice new leadership skills
Promising results from first-in-humans study of a novel PET radiopharmaceutical[Press-News.org] Network Hardware Resale Offers Relief for Cisco Product Delays Using Alternative Sourcing and Equipment Substitutions
Secondary Market Leader Reduces Equipment Costs and Eases OEM Delivery Delays with Inventory of Long-Lead-Time Products and Comparable Gear